Friday, February 24, 2006

Ahh, my poor, neglected blog

I don't update this thing nearly as much as I ought to, a matter which I've pondered a bit. It's not the community of bloggers, as everyone I've met has been very nice. In fact, I must say that the 'net community of writers I've encountered have been absolutely delightful, professional people.

No, I think my neglect is visually oriented. Sounds strange, doesn't it? I think as a webmistress I don't care much for my blog layout, or any of the blog templates. And it seems to me that you need to know a lot of straight code to modify it to make it pretty, which irks me. Yes, I want to be lazy when I blog; if I wanted to do straight-up code, I'd update Aphrodite's Apples. LiveJournal, by comparison, is very visually-oriented; it features user pictures galore, and layouts that are easily modified by even lay users of HTML. Compare my LiveJournal to my blog and you'll see what I mean about modification.

Speaking of layouts, I suspect I will begin to experiment with Aphrodite's layout in the near future; the index page is looking a tad too busy to suit my liking.

No comments: