Sunday, May 21, 2006

Back from the RT Con

Daytona was lovely and the con was tons of fun--I only wish I could have stayed longer! But alas, family had to come first, so next year!

I went to the book fair Saturday, and had the opportunity to chat with several fab authors, among them Kresley Cole, Ann Jacobs, Marjorie M. Liu, and Angela Knight. They are all faaaabulous ladies! Kresley Cole was a sweetheart, and she's a fellow Floridian to boot. *G*

I got to talk with Ann Jacobs quite a bit about some industry stuff; I also picked up a copy of Sandstorms, which I hadn't read yet. I'm about a third of the way through it and I'm really enjoying it. It deals with an interracial romance between an Arab and a Jewish heiress, which can be tricky in today's political environment, but she pulls it off nicely.

Majorie M. Liu was was just a dear; I forgot to bring my copy of Shadow Touch and she signed a promo cover for me. :D Ditto for Angela Knight--well, sorta, as my copy of Master of the Moon is an eBook, and therefore, hard to sign. LOL!

Speaking of promos, there was an Ellora's Caveman out on the beach when my hubby and I went down the boardwalk. They were doing a photoshoot. I suppose now I'll have to keep my eye out for an EC cover with a hero with long, flowing blond hair in front of a fountain!

Hmm, I think that's all my highlights. I put out my cards and brochures for Immortal Reveries, and if you guys want to see them, I'll upload them. I need to update my website anyway. Ciao for now!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you had a wonderful time. :) Wish I could have gone

Anonymous said...

I definitely want to see your brochures and cards for Immortal Reveries. Can't wait :D

Heather K said...

Candice, next year's RT is in Houston, and RWA is in Dallas in 2007. Our books will be out by then, and I am hoping to have a vendor booth and promos for us. You do Dallas, right? ;-)

Heather K said...

Thanks, Caffey! I am looking forward to getting it in print, and being able to do more cons where I can meet the readers! :D