Friday, September 01, 2006

Yippee! I have research!

Does that title make me a nerd? *adjusts glasses* I suppose so, but I thoroughly enjoy the research I do for my writing.

But before I go into that, I'd like to thank everyone who turned out for the chat last night. We had a lot of fun!

In other news, I am happy to report that my Palm Pilot is functional again, mostly. I still can't use my DataViz, but whatever, at least I can read subs on it. And oh Goddess, do I have subs to read! LOL! I am still gonna get it replaced, because the MS Word compatibility is a big part of why I even bought the E2. But I can read my Werewolf book now, hurray! This one is out of print, but it was recommended to me and I was very excited to find it out in eBook form. Too bad Manuela Dunn Mascetti's Vampire: The Complete Guide to the World of the Undead isn't available too. I have it in hardback, and it is faaabulous--full of Simon Marsden's photography of cemetery things. It's gorgeous and well-researched, and it's undoubtedly my fave research tome on the Undead. I've read a lot of them, and while this one isn't as comprehensive as say, Vampire Book: The Encyclopedia of the Undead, it integrates the science, history and cultural aspects of vampirism very well. I'd rec both books though, if you're gonna write about Vamps.

Speaking of research and writing, I think I'd best get back to work. *mwah*

--HS

No comments: